[ODE] Fixed gjk convex collision preview for ODE

phpbb at erwincoumans.com phpbb at erwincoumans.com
Tue Sep 6 12:15:25 MST 2005

The windows demo was missing the file Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest and some
dll's. I disabled manifest and re-uploaded the demo. This one should work.
http://207.234.235.180/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=physics/&file=bulletgjk_od
e.zip

Press 'l' for a gjk convex cylinder, 'f' for a gjk box, 'n' for a convex
hull bunny, and b,c,s for ode original colliders for box, capped cylinder
and sphere.

Notice that there is interaction between all primitives.

Most noticeable issues: cylinder gains a bit of energy, due to penetration
depth recovery. Some damping can fix this. Also the convex-hull bunny has
some issues, it sinks (some integration bugs). Obviously it only uses the
discrete collision detection of Bullet, no time of impact.

For the brave ones, the modified ODE sourcecode including bullet etc. can be
downloaded here:
It is the latest official ODE version 0.5 sourceforge release (May 29,
2004). Open \Bullet\Extras\ode-0.5\VC6\Samples\MakeAllTests.dsw (or .sln for
VC8)

Thanks to Megan, Rodriges, Jaroslav and James Dolan for testing !

Erwin Coumans
http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/