[ODE] contact joint problem

kave Aryan kave_ar23 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 04:18:02 MST 2005

Hi,
I am using a simulation server in which a ball rolls
on a field and the server uses ODE as dynamics engine.
When I read simulation server source code, I saw that
each cycle,

 1) contact points of ball and field are determined
with dCollide

 2) a contact-joint is created in a joint-group and
with following surface parameters:
contact.surface.mode=dContactBounce
contact.surface.mu=dInfinity
contact.surface.bounce=0.8
contact.surface.bounce_vel=2

 3)created joint is attached to both ball and field
bodies

 4)world is stepped

 5)joint group is emptied

As you see contact.surface.mu is set to dInfinity, but
when ball is forced it moves on the filled,
It should not slip ever, but slips,
Why?Any body knows the resion?

Thanks
--