[ODE] How to Pin Body

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Oct 28 14:46:06 MST 2005

You have three bodies: the "pinned" body, and the two other "attached"
bodies.

1) How are the other bodies attached?
2) WHAT is the "pinned" body pinned down relative to?

If the anser to 1) is "with any kind of joint, attached between pinned
body and the other body" and the answer to 2) is "to a specific
world-space coordinate) then it would work fine to attach the pinned
body to 0 using a fixed joint. It would also work fine to just attach
the two other bodies each to 0, instead of the pinned body, and then
just use a geom for the pinned object.

Cheers,

			/ h+