[ODE] Kinematic objects

Jaroslav Sinecky jsinecky at tiscali.cz
Fri Oct 28 09:03:36 MST 2005

Good point, the friction. If you just move static geoms around in each step,
you don't get correct friction on them. Fortunately what you call "moving
ground point" - don't we have the dContactMotion flag in ODE? (feature that
I have seen no use so far) Seems like perfect solution waiting for this
problem.

Jason, what happens if kinematic object hits the wall ... sounds to me like
the problem of "What happens if all-penetrating ball hits unpenetratable
armour ..."
If the object has prescribed motion and it hits a wall, then there must be
problem in your kinematic data. You could also ask what happens if it hits a
very very heavy object. I.E. where is the limit for forces that the
kinematic object generates pushing other objects out of it's way?

Jaroslav