[ODE] Scaling Body/Geoms

Rodrigo Luque luque at singularstudios.com
Thu Oct 27 09:28:28 MST 2005

I am currently using ODE for a project and there are some issues that need
to be addressed.
One of them is related to scaling composite objects.
Let's suppose that I have a car with joints and multiples geoms per body. In
order to place this geoms in the right place, dGeomTransform is needed. I
desire to double the size of my car, so the procedure that I think is
correct is:
- Increase the size of each geom (box, sphere, etc.)
- Fix translation in dGeomTransform to set a new offset for each geom.
- For each joint, fix its anchor's offset.

My question is:
Is that right?
Is there a simple way to do this?

I checked dGeomTransform and I noticed that it is using a transformation
matrix for geoms instead of transforming them using just
translation/quaternion. Maybe it's possible to put the scale in this
transformation matrix...

Any suggestion?

Luque