[ODE] cylinder collision.

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Oct 20 10:29:16 MST 2005

The mass doesn't matter for collisions; it's the Geoms that matter.

There is no supported cylinder geom, although there are a few
not-finished contributions.

I recommend reading the entire manual from cover to cover. It actually
answers a number of the questions that you ran into when just playing
with the tests (such as the shape of a ccylinder, and the difference
between mass and geoms).

I would try to model a hockey puck using a flat box for the ground
contact, and a sphere for the sideways contacts (and use a contact
filter inside the collision callback).

Cheers,

			/ h+