[ODE] Should trimesh code run properly, or is it unreliable?

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Mon Nov 14 08:47:52 MST 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 1:49 AM, Peter Oost wrote:

> On 00:48 Mon 14 Nov     , Keith Wiley wrote:
>> I  am trying to compile the test_trimesh.cpp example.  The only
>> modification I made to the code was that it used a variable called
>> Size, which is a reserved keyword, so I changed it to size throughout
>> the code.  The program crashes on the initial call to
>> dGeomTriMeshDataCreate(), which occurs so early in the execution, I'm
>
> It worked for me last time I tried it. Did you compile ode with
> OPCODE support (see the ./configure options)?

Okay, I see the note in the user-settings file.  Thanks.  However,
OPCODE appears to be a Windows project.  There is no standard
Makefile (I'm on a Mac, not Windows).  Do I attempt to build it by
simply compiling every file in the the OPCODE directory and them
linking them all together?  In particular, do I need to use any
specific flags or options to compile it successfully, and in what way
am I supposed to integrate the contents of the Ice directory into the
OPCODE compilation process?

Thanks.

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly
teaches me to suspect that my own is also."
                                            --  Mark Twain