[ODE] Latest Commit

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:18:35 MST 2005

Yes! I gree with the point that we can't force people to use one specific
compiler. The point is, if you made some utilities (test cases in this case)
that cannot run in one compiler, you basically loose one part of the
community. And I'm sure that the percent of MSVC users here is quite large.

On 11/1/05, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:

> What my point is is that, for me, and everyone I've worked with, the
> MSVC debugger is so much more productive than MinGW/Cygwin that anyone
> trying the latter is just wasting their money. I can't really take
> anyone saying that GDB is more useable than MSVC for general application
> development and debugging seriously. (Each of the tools has some tragic
> flaw, for sure, but GDB has more of them and a much less responsive UI)
>
> I couldn't care less about the politics. Well, actually, I do care a
> little bit: read my rant about UNIX debugging at:
>
> http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/misc/unix-debugger.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> / h+
>
> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >>MinGW/Cygwin isn't really an option for serious development
> >>on Windows.
> >>

> > AHEM. Or so The Man would like you to believe.

--Binh Nguyen
PhD Student
Computer Science Dept.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute