[ODE] Patch for eliminating penetration bounce mega-force?

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon May 30 19:49:59 MST 2005

Megan Fox wrote:
> Some time ago, there was a fix being discussed that was to eliminate
> the problem with interpenetration.  I think it went into ODE unstable,
> but as far as I know it still hasn't made its way into ODE proper.

It didn't go into stable or unstable.  (Chaos would certainly
ensue if every experimental patch went into a single 'unstable'
branch... I hope that's not the way that branch is going, anyway:
a write-only dumping ground.)

> Is there some reason for this?

There was no interest after all, I believe.

> I also had a question - would it, by any chance, help with the problem
> where a joint gets smashed through a wall?

I expect not.

--adam
p.s. I don't have time to track the ode list reliably any more.