[ODE] Rope simulation

Medvedev Sergey medvedevsa at rambler.ru
Tue May 24 20:37:37 MST 2005

Hi everybody.
   I  tried to simulate rope in ODE, seems to br stable when the
number of nodes up to 10.
I  simulate 3km connection wire, so this rope has 30 nodes  connected
by ball-joints, the one  end  is unmovable, the rope hangs top-down.
  This construction was not stable when I had tried to give force
impulse to lowest end.  Have you any idea what causes such problem
(CFM,ERP may be)

  There is also another question: Had anyone tried  to make a rope
with variable length, when for example you can clew it.