[ODE] Creating robots with ODE

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon May 23 20:29:03 MST 2005

I have, and so have others.  Mine are at http://www.natew.com/juice

> With geoms, joints, motors it's possible to do that?

Yes, definitely. :-)

> How to control the amount of movement of each joint?

The way I did it was, choose a target angle for each joint, find the
actual angle, then apply a motor force in the direction of the target
angle, where the strength of the motor was proportional to the difference
between the current angle and the target angle.

> I wonder how complex is to create a AT-AT walker using
> ODE!

Like this?

http://www.natew.com/juice/frames.cgi/general/html.ScreenShots

--