[ODE] Units confusion

Zulfiqar Malik Zulfiqar.Malik at itrango.com
Wed May 18 17:50:09 MST 2005

That's exactly what I thought, but apparently its not working that way.
I want to express mass in kg, distance in meters and time in seconds
(and hence force in Newtons). So, just for testing I added an object of
mass 50kg (0 friction coefficient). My timestep is 0.016 seconds. I want
to accelerate this object by 300 m/s/s. So F = ma tells me that I should
apply a force of 50 * 300 on that object, right? But the object doesn't
even move although the friction coefficient is 0.

Regards,
Zulfiqar Inayat Malik.