[ODE] Patch for eliminating penetration bounce mega-force?

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:37:22 MST 2005

Some time ago, there was a fix being discussed that was to eliminate
the problem with interpenetration.  I think it went into ODE unstable,
but as far as I know it still hasn't made its way into ODE proper.

Is there some reason for this?  It looked as if it were a fairly
straight-forward fix, nothing too wide-scope.

I also had a question - would it, by any chance, help with the problem
where a joint gets smashed through a wall?  That is, apply too big a
force to a ragdoll and a part of it knocks through, resulting in
spastic joint twitching that looks wholey horrible.  I'm unclear if
the problem was penetration correction, joint limit correction, or
both? (if the bodies didn't freak out in the case of being knocked
through a wall, the problem would be minimal, almost ignorable in
cases where you're just going to despawn the bodies in a second or two
anyways)

Thanks,
-Megan Fox