[ODE] problems with amotors and ball joints

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Mon May 9 22:07:00 MST 2005

Hi,

   I have little problem with joints setup (ball + amotor) for my model driven by
   animation: ball joints constraint them too much and they deform it
   sometimes (i.e. legs become much thinner when kicking). I think it
   is b/c of that in animation bones isn't only rotated (but the are
   comming apart a bit in many cases).

   1. My question is: should I use AMotors + LMotors so I can allow on
   litle errors and still constraint angles?

   When 1. is yes: as I understand LMotors can't be found in ODE
   cvs repository, so I should manualy apply the patch posted on this
   list before?

--
greetings,
 Piotr Obrzut                       mailto:piotr_obrzut at o2.pl