[ODE] trimesh collision + question

patrick jayet jayetp at student.ethz.ch
Fri May 6 17:32:57 MST 2005

Hi everybody,

I would be interested to construct a model using trimesh. I have read on
the mailinglist and in the doc that there are some issues, in particular
with the collision detection.

Has anyone got the collision detection between trimesh to work? Is this
possible to do? I've got errors with the 2 trimesh exemples, not
possible to compile and link them (test_trimesh.cpp and
test_movement_trimesh.cpp, [1]). I am under linux (make 3.80, gcc 3.3.5,
ODE release 0.5).

Other question. Has anyone already used an object in ODE like a triangle
with a certain thickness [2]? I wonder if I must absolutely implement it
through a set of trimesh, if there is an easier solution, or if someone
has already done a model in ode of sth like this.

Any idea welcome. ;-o
Cheers,

Pat

[1] The link phase of test_trimesh.cpp give me the following error:

g++ -c -Wall -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer
-ffast-math -Iinclude   -DdNODEBUG -O2 -o ode/test/test_trimesh.o
ode/test/test_trimesh.cpp
g++ -o ode/test/test_trimesh.exe ode/test/test_trimesh.o lib/libode.a
lib/libdrawstuff.a  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6
-L/usr/lib/X11 -lX11 -lGL -lGLU -lm
ode/test/test_trimesh.o(.text+0x1540): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `dGeomTriMeshDataCreate'
ode/test/test_trimesh.o(.text+0x156e): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple'
ode/test/test_trimesh.o(.text+0x1591): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `dCreateTriMesh'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ode/test/test_trimesh.exe] Error 1

[2] The form would look like: