[ODE] redundant constrain problems?

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Wed May 4 11:52:48 MST 2005

Graham Fyffe wrote:

>Hi, Martin.  My problem actually arises with a kinematic loop of
>joints in a suspension rig.  I've got this:
>
>car chassis - ball joint (horizontal) - suspension arm - ball joint -
>spindel - hinge joint (vertical) - strut bottom - slider joint - strut
>top - hinge joint (horizontal) - car chassis

Wow, thats a whole lot of joints!  I'd simplify the model somewhat -
most vehicles are simulated with purely a box and 4 spheres on hinge2
joints, and people have enough problems with that as it is.  For my own
model I've got a box with 4 ccylinders on slider2 joints (my own
replacement for the slider, which I found unacceptable).

You stated that the setup generally works without the last hinge joint -
perhaps this is an acceptable way to go?

Geoff