[ODE] Question about moving a Submarine.

Adam Templeton dr.drago at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:10:40 MST 2005

Heya,
         I'm working on a little simulation involving objects, underwater.
at the moment I am just setting the linear velocity of the object each
game loop.
Yes I know this is a bad way of doing it, but I can't think of a better way.
Another ways that I tested was to just add a force to the body.

Both these ways successfully moved the Sub, but broke the collisions,
especially when it hits a wall or gound it can cause the object to
move to non existant location.

So I am asking if anybody here knows of a way to move a body around in
the world using joints, and motors, ie letting the phyics controll the
body.

Thanks, Adam.