[ODE] Simulations running in real time?

Allan Simonsen Simonsen at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:43:11 MST 2005

Bad idea; you'll cause all sorts of numerical
instability issues if you pass in rapidly changing
delta values.

The step-value you pass in does represent the time
since last step, but you should freeze that one at
some given value (1/60's a good start). Otherwise your
results won't be reproducible, you open yourself to
all sorts of nasty tunneling artefacts that only
occour under low FPS conditions, etc.

Megan's approach is the way to go on this one.

Allan

Allan Simonsen                    simonsen at rocketmail.com
ICQ# 16606984