[ODE] newbie questions.

Patrick Barnes mrtrick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 11:36:01 MST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:42:45 +0100, longshot <ode at gunfight.net> wrote:
> First of all, after i link ode.lib, the size of my executable increases from
> 640k to 1.1M.
> Is this normal or do i have some debug lib? Since i DirectX, Zlib and OpenGL
> together don't increase the size of my executable this much.

ode.lib is a static library. When you compile your program, it puts
the entirety of the library inside your program. DirectX, Zlib, OpenGL
are all dynamic link libraries. When your program is compiled, all
that is put into your executable is the location where the library is
meant to be. It's possible to compile ode as a dll - that would keep
your executeable the same size, but you'd have to have the file
ode.dll in your program directory for it to work.

--
MrTrick
Catapultum habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad

MrTrick