[ODE] Multiple collision models

Philip Mayes philip_j_mayes at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Mar 23 11:51:41 MST 2005

Is it possible to set a body to have 2 (or more)
separate collision geoms?

For instance, in a vehicle simulation using a
heightmap terrain I would like to use a simple capped
cylinder to collide the vehicle with the terrain, but
be able to use a trimesh for vehicle->vehicle and
other more complex collisions.

Using the category and collider bits I can control
what collides with what, but I cannot find a way of
connecting 2 geoms to the body other then explicitly
positioning an additional geom every frame.

Also, can 2 geoms be encapsulated in a transform geom?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Phil

http://au.movies.yahoo.com