[ODE] ODE for Flying Vehicle Physics

Ville Ranki ville.ranki at tut.fi
Thu Mar 17 15:47:00 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 20:07 -0500, Thomas Scott wrote:
> Can ODE be used for flying vehicle phyics like jets, helicopters, hover cars, etc.?

Yep.
I'm developing a flight / general vehicle simulation that's based on
ODE. It has a component based vehicle model - the vehicle consists of
components that (usually) encapsulate a ODE body. Each component can
calculate its forces (lift, drag, propulsion, etc) and are joined
together by ODE joints. With the same engine i can create other
vehicles (cars, boats, etc) by just modeling the right components.

<http://openbirds.sourceforge.net/status.shtml>

Everything will be of course open source.

--
-- Ville Ranki                     oh3gbq
   ville.ranki at tut.fi              040-757 2533