[ODE] (Second Try) Problem with contact joints

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Mar 16 10:37:28 MST 2005

Hi, I am new to the list and ODE, so Hello list! :)

I sent an email yesterday but it seems to have been either filtered or
lost, so this is my second try.

I am adding ODE to my engine, and I am having a problem with contact
joints and collision, I have a trimesh geometry representing terrain and
a sphere representing the player, I followed the code in
test_trimesh.cpp to add the functionality to the engine, and everything
pretty much works, however, the sphere penetrates and goes through the
trimesh as if no collision ever happened, the near callback does find
the collision, and creates a contact joint and then attaches it,
everything runs as expected as far as I can tell yet the collision is
not handled.

I replaced the trimesh on test_trimesh.cpp with my terrain data in case
there was a problem with the trimesh data, but it works there, the only
difference is that my scale is 100 times the one in test trimesh (I
asume 1 meter = 100 OpenGL units), but I dont think this should be it or
is it?

Any hints on what the problem may be?

Thanks.