[ODE] Determining relative orientation and angular velocity

Marcus Brubaker aurelius.marcus at rogers.com
Sun Jun 26 14:42:34 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to determine the orientation and angular velocity of an
object relative to a reference orientation.  Specifically, I'm need to
calculate the Euler angles (and their time derivatives) but instead of
relative to the canonical orientation, relative to some specificied base
orientation.  I know how to compute the regular Euler angles from a
quaternion so I guess it's just a matter of getting the right quaternion
and its time derivative.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Regards,
Marcus