[ODE] { Newbie, Need a bit help }

HanSolo hansolo7 at telepolis.com
Sun Jun 19 18:38:15 MST 2005

Hello.

First of all, my english isn't good so i must do an effort to understan
manuals, tutorials etc.

Perhaps my university's teachers never showed us, or may be a bit, about
the procces of compilation and link.

I didn't know that "ld" was a linker. When i made C programs, our
teachers told us use the Makefile.

I can read some manuals in my natural language and now i know more, but
the static library "libode.a" i can't link with the DJGPP or DEVC++
(both in Windows), i've tried compile the *.o and i made my own
libode(more than 1 MB) with "ar rcs" but when "ld" links to my
"libode.a" it tell me:

"c:/djgpp/lib/libode.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index;
run ranlib to add one"

I tried too with my linux "libode" in Windows but nothing. It tell me my
first problem (read first post).

At last i will developer my project in my Linux i think. I didn't have
any problem installing the Debian Packages of ODE.

==> don't worry perhaps some readers may be can make the best operating
system in 1 day ...

Regards :-]