[ODE] Box/trimesh collision problem

Brad braddabug at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 20:35:05 MST 2005

It seems I'm having a problem with any sort of collision other than
sphere collision. Cubes and cylinders will suddenly fly off of a plane
even if theres no trimesh collision involved anywhere. It does this with
few or many contact points and fixed or variable timesteps.

When I debug my program with Valgrind, whenever a sphere collides with a
trimesh or plane it stays calm, but when a cube collides with a trimesh
or plane then Valgrind reports all sorts of uninitialzed values all
through ODE (places like contactGetInfo2(), dPlaneSpace(), multiply_J(),
SOR_LCP()). When I valgrind test_crash.exe it doesn't complain.