[ODE] Issue with angular velocity

Vianney Lecroart acemtp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:33:35 MST 2005

Hello,

I'm using ODE-0.5 and I have some strange behaviors on my (free) game.

Your are a sphere (a ball) and roll on the big ramp (using
opcode/trimesh)  to take off. Sometimes, randomly, the ball hits a
virtual things and his angular velocity jumps from about 500 to 3000
and ejects the ball in a random direction. 95% of the time, it is
working well, and 5%, the ball is going crazy.

I read the mailing list and saw that other peoples also talk about
this issue, I don't really know if it is the same problem and how to
solve it.

I tried to use quickstep instead of worlstep without any changes.
I also tried the patch provided by Adam D. Moss wihtout success.
I also tried to reset the angular velocity when it was too big, but I
still have the issue.

If you have any other solutions to that problem...

You can see a video (divx) of the bug on this url (1 mega bytes):

http://ace.planet-d.net/dl/odeprob.avi

Vianney Lecroart