[ODE] Joint instability with small bodys

Darabos Dániel darabos.daniel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:00:46 MST 2005

You might try the experiment without fixed joints, they do not work
very well for me (they keep wiggling with QuickStep). For creating a
fixed body use the method described in the FAQ.
I don't know however how the problem could be related to the size of
the objects.

BTW I might have a related problem. I changed the units in the
boxstack demo to have 9.81 as the gravity and ever since the boxes
fall into the ground as if they were falling into a swamp. I was
completely unable to figure it out. I changed around the CFM and ERP
parameters and now its tolerable, but still worse than in the original
demo.
Also increasing the number of iterations helped, but that's pricy.
There might be a dark secret lurking however...

Daniel