[ODE] Newbie Question on Numerical Integration Method

Alen Ladavac alenl-ml at croteam.com
Tue Jun 7 08:37:24 MST 2005

Hi Piotr,

Joint feedback forces are wrong because position correction in constraints
is mixed with velocity correction, giveing you larger forces. You might want
to look into some recently mentioned modifications (see threads "Patch for
eliminating penetration bounce mega-force?" and "patch - position-correcting
constraints", though you might need to dig some more backwards in time).
Note that I didn't actually try this myself, so perhaps I cannot be sure
that it is _the_ complete solution, as there might be some other reasons for
wrong forces that pop up later, but this should at least help to get more
correct forces, regardless of the solver used.

HTH,
Alen