[ODE] CCD Library (Re: High speed rigid body collisions)

Patrick Enoch Hendrix_ at gmx.net
Thu Jun 2 18:00:15 MST 2005

I am also using "continuous" physics with ODE. Roughly it is like this:

accept=false;
while (!accept)
{
     savestate();
     step( dt );
     collide();
     if (max_collision_depth > threshold)
     {
         accept=false;
         dt *= 0.5;
         restorestate();
     }
     else
     {
         accept=true;
         dt *= 1.5;
         if (dt > maxdt)
             dt=maxdt;
     }
}

So the objects "stay at the right side"...

-Patrick