[ODE] gcc 3.x optimization fix

Allen Bierbaum allenb at vrsource.org
Thu Jul 14 12:30:49 MST 2005

I was just looking at the optimizations used for ode when building with
gcc on Linux and I noticed the comment in Makefile about problems with
Opcode at -O2 level.  I ran into similar problems using Opcode and was
able to track it down to being some type of aliasing issue (probably
because of all the static casting going on behind the scenes).  I was
able to fix the problem by adding "-fno-strict-aliasing" to the build
line.  (my full build like used "-O3 -ffast-math -fno-strict-aliasing").

Hopefully this can help to fix the problems people see with ODE at high
optimization levels.

-Allen