[ODE] Looking for paper/code

Jeffrey Smith jeffreys at Softimage.COM
Fri Jul 8 10:45:01 MST 2005

> I am looking for the PhD thesis of Mihai Anitescu "Modeling Rigid Multi
> Body Dynamics with Contact and Friction".

When I was working on my PhD I consulted briefly with Dr. Anitescu and
read his thesis.  It's quite good, but most of the work has been superceded
by his researches since then.  I don't think there are any free electronic
versions of it available but if you really care, you could contact the
University of Iowa and request a copy.

Failing that, he has a list of papers, tech reports, etc. that he has
worked on (a few are downloadable) here:

  http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~anitescu/PUBLICATIONS/reports.html

I also have electronic copies a few of his papers:
  "A time-stepping method for stiff multibody dynamics with contact and
   friction." Anitescu and Potra, 2002.
  "A Fixed-Point Iteration Approach for Multibody Dynamics with Contact
   and Friction." Anitescu and Hart, 2004.
  "Constraint stabilization for time-stepping approaches for rigid multibody
   dynamics with joints, contact and friction." Anitescu, Miller and
   Hart, 2003.
  "A constraint-stabilized time-stepping approach for rigid multibody dynamics
   with joints, contact and friction." Anitescu and Hart, 2004.

Email me if you want copies of these.

Jeff