[ODE] Car Physics with a couple errors

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Jul 7 13:35:38 MST 2005

You have to do at least this, each time you want to set a limit:

   Set high stop to "HI"
   Set low stop to "LO"
   Set high stop to "HI" again

The reason is that the joint does not allow inconsistent constraints to
be set, even for a short while, and silently rejects the first "HI" if
it's lower than the previous "LO" value. This is true for all joints.

I've provided a patch for this (to set them both if inconsistency is
detected) but that never got merged.

Good reference reading:

http://q12.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ODE_Wiki_Area
http://ode.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FrequentlyAskedQuestions
http://ode.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TipsAndTricks

Sadly, the description of this problem seems to have fallen off the
Wiki, so I re-added it.