[ODE] Trimesh-Trimesh and Triangle Normals

cgiscript cgiscript at hotpop.com
Mon Jul 4 11:46:46 MST 2005

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:44:43 -0300, Pierre Terdiman
<pierre.terdiman at novodex.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, i found this while i was testing ode for our project a few months
>> ago (or a year by now), but the question is why other users seems to
>> dont
>> need inverting the second object normal, like  the trimesh demo, that
>> seems to run fine in Russ pc and others, that actually tested before
>> releasing the trimesh-trimesh code, idont see how this can be related to
>> the pc's arch/OS i.e P4/winXP
>
> Random guess: isn't it just because the winding of the mesh is
> different...
> ?
>
> - Pierre

The trimesh-trimesh compiled demo released with the ode lib dont worked
either, i had to recompile it switching the second object normal
So i assumed an arch/OS problem, but that looks odd. The
(moving?)trimesh-trimesh demo used the bunny object mesh (from your OPCODE
i think), that is included or hard coded inside the ode code

Lioric