[ODE] From unstable to trunk...

Tanguy Fautre tanguy.fautre at spaceapplications.com
Fri Jul 1 12:22:32 MST 2005

Adam D. Moss wrote:
  > Meanwhile, if you didn't notice, I've already asked if
> people can isolate known-good patches in UNSTABLE, or,
> heck, just give an iota of feedback about the patches floating
> on the mailing list.

AFAIK the complete OPCODE directory in UNSTABLE can go into the
mainline. From the ODE-CVS mailing list, it seems Rodrigo Hernandez and
I are the only ones to have touched it.

The changes I commited are related to getting ODE working with x86_64
(and probably other 64 bits) machines, and updating the readme file.

The changes Rodrigo did are (IIRC) for the new build system, and from
what I can see in the ODE-CVS mailing list, the changes are
compiler/platform fixes.

Few catches though:

- the x86_64 patches also affect:
	- src/timer.cpp
	- the old makefile system (i.e. configurator.c)

	Note: I don't think these have been modified by anyone else since
(should see the log to be sure).

- the OPCODE dir also contains new files related to the new build system.

Notice that, currently, the old Makefile seems to be broken in UNSTABLE
(something to do with EPSILON IIRC) and only the new build system seems
to be working correctly.
Btw, it may be a good idea to completely remove the old Makefile from
UNSTABLE and mainline, the new build system has proven to be good enough
for some time now (for me at least).

Cheers,

Tanguy