[ODE] From unstable to trunk...

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Fri Jul 1 10:20:26 MST 2005

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> I may come off sounding a bit trenchant here, but: how about instead of

Barely.

> worrying about subversion vs. cvs, SourceForge vs. WannaBeSourceForge vs.
> Whoever, more mailing lists vs. wiki, etc etc etc, somebody (i.e. Adam)
> simply commit the existing known-good patches to mainline?  Rationale: The
> latter is a task which can be completed in finite time with finite effort,
> and results in progress on ODE.  The former(s) cannot, and result in ODE
> staying the same.

My being the bottleneck to patches getting in is a bad
deal for everyone (including me).  We're talking about
how to make development easier and more open for long-term
ODE health.

Meanwhile, if you didn't notice, I've already asked if
people can isolate known-good patches in UNSTABLE, or,
heck, just give an iota of feedback about the patches floating
on the mailing list.

--adam
Adam D. Moss   -   adam at gimp.org