[ODE] xml model reading and writing plus trimesh mass properties calculation

Evan Drumwright edrumwri at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:08:24 MST 2005

Hi All,

I have written an extension to ode, with an API highly similar to that of
ode, that supports reading and writing of dynamics models using XML.  For
those of you familiar with the Vortex simulator, the format used by odeXML
is very similar.  Additionally, this library has the capability to read and
write the state of the simulator.  Finally, I have included a utility to
calculate mass properties (mass, center of mass, and inertia tensor) of
triangle meshes.

Some parts of the library have not been fully tested (see my web page on
odeXML for more details), but will be soon, as I'm using this library for my
Ph. D. thesis.  Other parts have been tested, and work great.  So, with that
caveat in mind, I'm going ahead and making this available for download.

I've provided Makefiles and tested odeXML on linux and OS X.  Sorry Windows
users, you're on your own for now.

More information and download available at:

http://robotics.usc.edu/~drumwrig/code.html