[ODE] collideAABBs question

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Jan 26 15:47:47 MST 2005

> I think Matthew's question was why the collision check does not early
> out if both bodies are 0.  It probably should.  Is there a good reason
> not to early out in this situation?

Yes: you may move geoms around without any attached bodies, but
still want contacts.

You can achieve the effect you want (not colliding with other body-less
geoms) by using the collider bits. Set the mask to 0xfffffffe and set
the bits to 0x1 for geoms without a body that you don't want to collide
with other geoms without a body, for example.

Cheers,

			/ h+