[ODE] Joint solving differences in Quickstep vs StepFast1

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Tue Jan 25 19:32:11 MST 2005

"So I ended up using WorldStep, which limits me to a
single car for the detailed joint rig.  But that's all I needed, so
yay!  :)"

Good or you :). I on the other hand have to support multiple ragdolls and
other objects and both WorldStep and QuickStep are giving me issues.
Worldstep in fact just can't handle the amount of joints I have for cloth
simulation.

StepFast on the other hand gives better results but unfortunately it isn't
as stable as quick/world step and the objects keep jittering until they slip
away. It is also being deprecated so it's a matter of time when it will be
completely removed from the release :(.

Thanks for the info though.

Regards,
Mohsin