[ODE] Mass and trimesh collisions

Patrick McColgan patrick at torcinteractive.com
Tue Jan 25 12:01:14 MST 2005

Thanks for the replies, no success yet though.

I increased the quickstep solver iterations from the default 20 to 1000
and it appeared to make no significant difference, I also reduced the
CFM from the already tiny default of 1e-10 to 0.0 and again saw no great
changes.  As I said before setting the ERP to 1.0 prevents full
penetrations on walls but not when the body falls, the body will hit a
surface falling with a greater velocity.  I don't particularily want to
have the ERP full anyway.

Megan, the level is indeed a trimesh and my maximum contacts has always
been four.  When the body collides with walls it generates 2 contact
points generally and when it fall on the ground it makes 4 so I did
increase the number and check but I don't really see it as an issue just
now, perhaps in the future.

As far as I can see the simulation just can't compensate for the
momentum of the body, I'm not sure if I have any say in that at set up
but what I'm looking at now is the dependancy on mass and velocity to
generate contact forces.

Any ideas and advice are appreciated.