[ODE] Re: ODE (and mainly OPCODE) for 64bits

Flavien Brebion f.brebion at vrcontext.com
Fri Jan 21 11:31:59 MST 2005

The "bad" one. I was running short on time and had to make the damn
thing work, no matter
how :)

But honnestly i didn't care much about the memory usage. The application
into which i've integrated
it requires Gigabytes of RAM anyway, so a bit more or a bit less...
performance was more
important, but as i said it ended up being very acceptable.

Yeah it still compiles on 32 bits systems. It was a matter of redefining
a new type ( with some
#defines depending on the OS ) and replacing pointers here and there by
the new type. It's
a bit different than the "official" version though, since i applied a
few other changes of my
own, namely support for saving / loading OPCODE's data structures to the
disk ( to avoid
regenerating them on the fly each time ) and two-sided collisions for
mesh vs capsules.

F. Brebion