[ODE] Sphere/trimesh collision question

Farshid Lashkari lashkari at worldviz.com
Tue Jan 11 12:10:43 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a simulation which has a ball bouncing around a room. I'm only
using ODE for collision detection, not dynamics. The ball is represented
by a sphere and the room is represented by a trimesh. I use the dCollide
function with one contact point to check for collisions. When the speed
of the ball is large enough it ends up going through the walls. I looked
into this further and noticed that when over 50% of the ball is poking
through a wall no collision is detected, even though the ball is clearly
intersecting with the room. Is there anything I can do so that this is
still considered a collision?

Thanks,

Farshid Lashkari
Software Engineer