[ODE] the laws of timestep

vincent ngai vincent.ngai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 11:04:12 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any hard and fast rules to govern time-stepping.
Right now I'm using delta time every frame with 3 cases to consider.

a) MIN_DELTA<CUR_DELTA<MAX_DELTA
b) CUR_DELTA<MIN_DELTA
c)CUR_DELTA>MAX_DELTA

My question is actually for the case C, what is a good way of resolving it.
Currently I'm running several stepworld with smaller deltas if I find
that the delta time is too large. However this could again increase
the delta time for the next frame etc. Should I just run stepworld
with the smaller deltas and let the time taken up for that to vanish?

--
Regards,
Vincent