[ODE] collision detection optimalizations for humanoid

Erin Catto erincatto at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 6 23:24:39 MST 2005

I looked at the current implementation of collide2 for HashSpace and it's
O(n^2). Also, I don't understand how using two hash spaces could be more
efficient than having everything in one hash space, or better yet, in a
sweep-and-prune structure.

With temporal and spatial coherence, an efficient broad phase system should
record box overlaps with a cost proportional to the number of moving boxes.

Erin