[ODE] problem in Calling dsSimulationLoop in loop

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Sat Jan 1 13:48:13 MST 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Kuldip wrote:

> Thanks Tim,
>
> But by calling dsSImulation in a loop doesn't open multiple windows. It
> opens a window and then closes and opens a new one and closes it  and so
> on...
>
> Actully I am using ODE for Evolutionary robotics so to view the gait of the
> robot in between the evolution I need to call the dsSimulation in a loop.
>
> Can you throw soem more light  on the same?

This looks like a simple bug in drawstuff/x11.cpp. Either add
  XCloseDisplay(display);
before line 177 (display = 0), or remove that "display = 0", and change
line 103 from:
  display = XOpenDisplay (NULL);
to:
  if(!display) display = XOpenDisplay (NULL);

The second solution will be probably faster since it will not open a new
X11 connection every time.

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::