[ODE] joints - parent/child issues

Floris van Breugel fv28 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 27 17:07:56 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with ODE joints. I changed from a ball and
socket joint to a universal joint + a hinge joint (using an
intermediary body) since it seemed to be more stable than the ball
and socket. Now when I use the dJointAddTorque functions the bodies
do not act the way I would want them to - the parent/child
relationships don't seem to be working the way I would expect.
Basically I want to be able to control a wing attached to a main body
using pitch roll and yaw with dJointAddTorque. Any help regarding
this would be great.

Thanks,

- Floris