[ODE] Is it time to accept dcyl2 contribution?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Fri Feb 25 11:08:16 MST 2005

Hello,

In the cvs contrib dir, there is a contribution by Nguyen Binh
for non-capped regular cylinders, called dCylinder2

I've been using them with ODE, and I've found them to be stable
and usable.

Currently, adding dCyl2 to ODE is an akward procedure: you
have to follow a lot of steps to get it into ODE. The later
supplied patch file from Adam is not complete, as it fails to
do addCollider for meshes, and does not patch the Makefile.

Instead of fixing this patchfile in the contrib dir, I propose to
adopt dCyl2 into ODE proper. (to the CVS tree at least), so
that it can be further tested, and then added to releases.

So, what do the maintainers think of this?

Yours Sincerely,

   Bram Stolk