[ODE] static objects

Arturo Colorado Garín acolorado at telefonica.net
Mon Feb 21 01:52:34 MST 2005

>but when I add like 100 geoms, my framerate goes down to 2 fps. Any clue
>how to speed things up?

What kind of space are you using? It sounds like you're using a simple
 space, so every pair of geoms will be checked to see if they are colliding.
 Try using one of the other two types of spaces (quadtree or
multi-resolution
 hash table).

 Have you already managed to move each geom to its correct position? If not,
 I guess using another type of space won't be of much help either. For
 example, if you use a quadtree space, every geom will be placed in the same
 quadtree leaf node so there still will be N^2 collision checks.

 Hope this helps,

 --Arturo Colorado