[ODE] Difference in efficiency between single trimesh geom andmultiple trimesh geoms?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Sun Feb 20 11:57:14 MST 2005

I'd be amazed if consolidating separate geoms into one big representation
actually improves performance.  It's much better to keep objects separate
and aggressively disable the ones that aren't candidates for collisions
(potentially even removing them from the space).

dSpaceAdd() and dSpaceRemove() are pretty fast in my experience.  They are
your first, best optimization.

-- jm