[ODE] Torque or speed controller for 6-wheeled rover

Thomas Thüer ode at thoemsen.ch
Thu Feb 10 09:59:54 MST 2005

Hi all

Since I'm having problems with the ODE speed controller implemented in
the hinge2 joint, I would like to write my own controller. Therefore I
wanted to ask, if anyone has already developed a PID torque/speed
controller for an n-wheeled vehicle? I have already coded and tuned a
preliminary version, but it is not stable enough. Maybe one of you could
point out some problems which have to be treated carefully when applying
a PID controller?

Thanks for your help,
Thomas