[ODE] Worst Case Scenario

mucki michael.lacher at hlw.co.at
Thu Feb 10 15:50:59 MST 2005

Hi!

   I am using ODE in our 3d engine for physics, and I have already added
some code to improve overall stability (like linear and angular
dampening to improve auto-disable or contact count limits). But still it
might happen that ODE simulations explode. The question I have is: What
do you do in your games when ODE explodes ? When only secondary actors
are affected, then it is possible to just remove them from the scene, or
fake something, but what if the main actor explodes ? You cannot remove
a race car from the game, just because the collision with an obstacle
resulted in explosion :)

mucki